Edward Copleston

On December 9, 1836, Edward Copleston (1776-1849), Bishop of Llandaff from 1827, wrote to W Bruce Knight (1786-1845) at the Deanery of St Paul's with an article for the press. From 1825 Knight was Chancellor of Llandaff Cathedral. Copleston says

As your brother is perhaps still from home, I send the enclosed to you, hoping that you will think it worthy of being sent to the Merthyr Guardian for this week. I was so disgusted yesterday with reading the Reverend Micah Thomas's, & other Reverends speeches at Abergavenny, as reported in the Merlin, that I could not forbear concocting a little squib, by way of getting it out of my spleen.
If the Editor will print it a little open, so as to attract notice, & print the proper names in small capitals, I think it may make some of them wince. ...

Knight's brother was Sir James Lewis Knight-Bruce (1791-1866) an English barrister, judge and politician.